President Thomas S. Monson shared some counsel he received on his wedding day he said, " May I offer you newlyweds a formula which will ensure that any disagreement you may have will last no longer than one day? Every night kneel by the side of your bed. One night, Brother Monson, you offer the prayer, aloud, on bended knee. The next night you, Sister Monson, offer prayer aloud, on bended knee. I can then assure you that any misunderstanding that develops during the day will vanish as you pray. You simply can't pray together and retain any but the best of feeling toward one another."
Quote taken from Chapter 19 of "Successful Marriages and Families: Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives" By Alan J. Hawkins, David C. Dollahite and Thomas W. Draper."
I have a strong testimony of prayer and have personally felt the power that comes from it. When our lives are centered on Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven our thoughts become more divine. Our perspectives change and the little things will not matter. Let us all be humble and pray together!




No comments:
Post a Comment